About The club
The Group’s signature homeowners programme
The Sanctuary Club offers members a chance to enjoy a luxury lifestyle and explore a range of new destinations and experiences worldwide
Sanctuary Club members receive preferential treatment across the Banyan Tree Group’s network of heritage hideaways, urban pied-à-terres and tropical getaways
Discount privileges at worldwide resorts
Priority wait list on reservations
Early check-in / late check-out*
*Subject to availability on day of arrival / departure
Invitations to join Xperential Guest Programme
Pre-opening, trial stays at new resorts
Banyan Tree Community
Invitation to Banyan Tree organized events worldwide
The Exchange Programme
Owners whose properties are managed under a hotel branded rental scheme are allowed to exchange part of their annual entitlement for a complimentary stay at any destination within The Sanctuary Club network
The Exchange Process
An owner deposits 15 annual entitlement days into the exchange pool
The days are attributed a monetary value
The monetary value can then be used to redeem stays at participating properties at the best available rate at time of booking
Booking can be requested via the centralised multilingual team
A confirmation of your reservation will be sent to you along with value redeemed and your remaining balance
Enjoy your stays at participating properties
The services team
A centralised multilingual team at Sanctuary Club handles all owner enquiries, accommodation reservations and requests.
In addition to assisting members, the team of well-trained staff maintains owner preferences to ensure a perfectly smooth and customized booking service and a memorable stay.
- Sanctuary Club
- Exchange Programme
- Terms and Conditions
Q: How do I enroll?
Enrollment into The Sanctuary Club is complimentary for Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, Dhawa Cassia and Laguna Property owners who have their property managed under a hotel branded rental scheme.
Q: What are the benefits of the Sanctuary Club?
Participating owners can exchange part of their annual entitlement for a complimentary stay at any destination within the network. In addition, discounts and special privileges are offered to owners with the standard discounts (1) and privileges are listed below (terms and conditions apply):
- - 30% discount on best available rates for hotel accommodation (2)
- - 30% discount on golf green fees (3)
- - 25% discount on food and beverage(4)
- - 20% discount on a-la-carte spa menu
- - 15% discount on gallery merchandise(5)
- - 15% discount on in-house tours (6)
- - 15% discount on laundry
- - 10% discount on airport and ferry terminal transfers (7)
- - Priority wait-list on reservations
- - Early check-in / late check-out (8)
- - Invitations to Xperential Guest Program (i.e. pre-opening / trial stays at new resorts)
- (1) Higher discounts may apply at certain times and locations and may be subject to change without notice
- (2) Best available rate at time of booking
- (3) Phuket, Bintan and Lăng Cô only
- (4) Offers cannot be combined. Discounts may not apply to festive and special occasions.
- (5) Not applicable to consignment items
- (6) Selected destinations only
- (7) Selected destinations only
- (8) Subject to availability on day of arrival / departure
Kindly present your Sanctuary Club card to avail the discounts and privileges.
Q: Can I receive discounts at Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, Dhawa and Laguna Resorts even if I am not staying there and would like to visit the hotel for any meals?
Yes, you can receive discounts at all Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, Dhawa and Laguna Resorts even if you are not staying in the resort, as long as you present your card prior to payment.
Pavilion Hotel Kula Lumper
Phuket Double Pool Villas
Phuket Spa Sanctuary
Tengchong-Hot Spring Village
Zhuhai Phoenix Bay
Teluk Bahang, Penang
Hacienda Xcanatun by Angsana
Riads Collection Morocco
Angsana Beachfront Residences
Angsana Villas Resort Phuket
Cayo Santa Maria
Dusit Thani Pool Villas Phuket
Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Resort
Q: How does the exchange programme work?
Participating owners can exchange part of their annual entitlement for a complimentary stay at any destination within the network.
An owner deposits 15 days of his annual entitlement into the exchange pool. These days then are attributed a monetary value based on the actual average daily rate for the past year.
The monetary value deposited can then be used to redeem for rooms and villas at participating properties at the best available rate at time of booking.
The owner services team administers the exchange programme including participating properties, making reservations, recording redemptions, and the availability of days remaining of each participating property.
Q: How is the value of my days deposited calculated?
The actual average daily rate for the past year is used to value your deposited days into the exchange programme. This is considered the most appropriate basis as it represents the market demand for a particular property on a year-round basis.
For example, if the average achieved daily rate for your property is USD 500, then 15 days of your annual entitlement deposited would equate to USD 7,500 (i.e. USD 500 x 15 days) which would be available for redemption at participating properties within the network.
For newly opened properties, the budgeted average daily rate will be used for that calendar year.
Q: How do I make a reservation?
Bookings can be requested via the centralized owner services team.
The owner services team will check the availability and the best available rate of the property requested.
A confirmation of your reservation will then be sent to you along with the value redeemed and your remaining balance for redemption.
Reservation requests operate on a first come, first served basis.
Q: Does my room reservation made under the Exchange Programme include breakfast?
No, your room reservation made under the Exchange Programme does not include breakfast. It is for room only.
Q: How is value redeemed?
Your value can be redeemed at participating properties based upon best available rate (BAR) at the time of booking.
For example, say you have USD 7,500 and would like to stay 5 days at a participating property in the network, which has a best available rate of USD 600 per day for the period you would like to stay. Your stay would cost USD 3,000 (i.e. USD 600 x 5 days) and you would have a balance of USD 4,500 remaining for redemption.
Q: Are there blackout dates?
Blackout dates may apply and may vary between each location subject to your rental agreement.
Q: Where can I stay?
You may stay at any property participating in the exchange programme, subject to availability, and providing you have sufficient value for redemption.
Once all days are utilised in a particular property (redeemed nights equal deposited nights), the property is no longer available for exchange.
Current participating properties
- - Banyan Tree – Bangkok, Bintan, Cabo Marqués, Lang Co, Huangshan, Lijiang, Mayakoba, Phuket Double Pool Villas & Phuket Resort and Ungasan
- - Angsana – Bintan, Lang Co, Laguna Phuket and Villas Resort Phuket
- - Cassia - Bintan, Phuket
- - Laguna Phuket – Dusit Thani Pool Villas
Q: Is there a limit to the number of days I can book per exchange stay?
Yes, you may book up to a maximum of five (5) days only for each stay.
Q: Can I roll over my unused value to the following year?
No. The value of days deposited into the exchange programme will expire at the end of each year just as owners shall forfeit their entitlement to any unused days during the calendar year.
Q: Can I book more than one property for a stay?
No, multiple properties cannot be booked at one time for a stay under the exchange programme. However, you may book additional properties if making a normal paid reservation and use your Sanctuary Club membership to receive a discount from the best available rate.
Q: Can my friends use my owners’ entitlement for an exchange?
Yes, subject to the terms and conditions stipulated in your rental agreement and compliance with the hotel policy on the maximum number of occupants for the property booked.
Your guests are also required to be pre-registered with the owner services team who will include their names on the reservation.
Q: Can I choose to opt out of the exchange programme after I have enrolled?
Once you have enrolled in the exchange program, you must continue throughout the entire calendar year in 2017. However, you may choose to opt out for the following year in 2018 by informing us prior to the commencement of the exchange programme in 2018.
Terms & Conditions
1. Enrollment into The Sanctuary Club shall be automatic for all property owners who have their property managed under a hotel branded rental scheme operated by the Banyan Tree Group or its affiliates. There is no cost to enrol.
2. Discounts and privileges may change from time to time and are subject to the discretion of the Banyan Tree Group.
3. All participating owners shall deposit 15 days of owners use time into the exchange program. This shall be a fixed amount.
4.The deposited owners use time will be made at the beginning of each year (a pro-rata amount will apply for owners who purchased property during the year).
5. The deposited owners use time shall be converted to value based upon the achieved daily rate (USD equivalent) of the property for the preceding year. For example, if the achieved daily rate were USD 500, 15 days would equate to USD 7,500. Where the property is a new property, the budgeted average daily rate shall be used for the first year.
6. Unused value cannot be carried forward or borrowed and cannot be topped up by cash. They are valid only for the current year.
7. Booking requests should be made via the owner services team who will then co-ordinate the booking with the hotel.
8. Reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
9. Reservations are subject to availability.
10. No booking of multiple properties is allowed. That is, only one property may be booked per exchange.
11. Owners may book an exchange for family and friends but must pre-register the guests staying during the exchange with the owner services team.
12. If a booking is confirmed and subsequently cancelled (or there is a no show), the value of the booking may be forfeited in accordance with the hotel’s cancellation policy.
13. No fees shall be charged to owners for exchanges. However, we reserve the right to introduce fees in the future.
14. Black-out dates may apply for each location and may vary between locations and are subject to the terms and condition set out in the rental scheme agreements.
15. Banyan Tree Group reserves the right to change the terms and conditions.